Dispute Resolution Standards
Standards of service for customers of the dispute resolution team:
We aim to ensure that someone is always available to respond to your enquiries.
- If you contact us by telephone or in person we speak to you immediately. If that’s not possible we arrange for someone to return your call within 48 hours.
- We acknowledge all correspondence within 3 days of receipt.
- We respond to any written correspondence within 2 weeks, to let you know what is happening.
We listen to what you want from us and explain clearly what we can do for you. We also explain if we cannot help.
- We take time to listen to you and to demonstrate that we understand what you want from us.
- We help customers to have realistic expectations of the Service at all times.
- We let you know what we can do to help you.
We keep you informed about what is happening and what happens next.
- We explain our process without using jargon.
- We tell you what has to be done to move the case on.
- We give you realistic timescales for progress.
We always make it clear what our decision is and explain how that decision has been made.
- Our communication with you is as accurate, brief and as clear as we can make it.
We always treat you professionally and with respect.
- We respect the confidentiality of everyone involved in a dispute.
- We will warn you if the way in which you behave may have an impact on the way in which we can deal with you.